Monday, August 11, 2008

when you can't help but fight a losing battle

I'm almost done recording "In the Heart of a Town." I'm not terribly proud of these lyrics because I think they're generic. Despite this, they fit nicely with the tone of the song, and besides, why should I ever be embarrassed by lyrics if they're what I'm feeling? If what I'm feeling is generic, then my lyrics are going to be generic and I will accept that, haha.


When it all comes down to
Two weeks and two days
No, two weeks and one day
We need to remember that what we have
Will live in the heart of this town

As far as I lost myself in this game
It was a good risk to take
Because when I'm not here
I will still feel you shaking the limbs of my tree

But I know I'm better off alone
and I can take this
Until I find my way home
You know I'm better off alone
and you can take this
Until I find my way home




There's that classic song topic about having to leave a loved one behind. Pretty typical and I guess it happens to everyone at some point in their lives. My time just happens to be now.

No comments: