Thursday, August 7, 2008

sometimes spirits live on these walls

One of my favorite things to do when I wake up is to flip through old notebooks and look for interesting sounding sentences or phrases. Every once in a while I'll post three or four strings of words that I may find compelling for one reason or another.

"Let's make a pact to forget all of the facts in the world around us
And live together as the heart of this town" (7/22/06)

"All I can think about is the sky, the feeling of the floor against the soles of my feet, and the trueness of the sticky humidity that leaves a glossy sheen over my skin and turns my hair into bales of hay."

"When a gun is fired, our brains are part of the recoil. We breath in and out and relax because there is an element of finality to the situation."

No comments: