Thursday, September 18, 2008

spring and by summer fall

The weather is changing and I am excited. Nothing evokes a warm feeling like putting on a hoodie and a scarf, or a pair of boots and a blazer. My birthday is coming up soon and I need to think of something fantastic to ask for. Clothes are unexciting and uncreative to me.

I am slowly finding myself in a more positive place even though my dependency on caffeine is outrageous and my class readings are strangers to my eyes. My love for solitude has been replenished since returning to Smith and I find great pleasure in alone time. Maybe too much alone time. I don't really talk to many people around campus except for the people I already know and I feel like I may be wasting an opportunity to put myself out there as a person. Strangely I feel comfortable and settled with what I have, and when the time comes where I want more, I have the tools to do so. I don't need to have a lot of friends to be happy. There are at least 13 people in my contacts who I could have a four hour conversation with whenever I feel like it. That to me, is irreplaceable and special. I'd rather have close friends anyway. I find myself much more satisfied when people fall into my life unexpectedly and without force.

No comments: